Pages

Tuesday, 18 February 2014

flowers, toilets + friendzoning

Yes these photos were taken in a school toilet, however I only recently discovered he glorious full length mirror there with its weirdly excellent lighting. However this means that hopefully now I can do outfit posts at least until someone catches me taking pictures of myself in the bathroom and assumes I am either insane or extremely vain.

What I wore to school last week. My dress and legwarmers are from the meadham kirchoff for topshop collection and my jacket is from kiss me quick boutique

I seriously love the lace detail on this dress it kinda looks like skulls if you stare at it for long enough

cherry meadham kirchoff legwarmers + my favourite pair of shoes at the moment which I got from new look when I was about twelve (turns out my feet havent grown at all) and have only just rediscovered

 Also I have fallen completely in love with this song/music video. I love the fuzzy, kind of sleazy look of the video, with all the weird dream like dancing (and Ben Whishaw eek) and the general trance like ness of the whole thing. The song is also wonderfully ethereal but catchy and I haven't really stopped listening to it


The concept of the 'friendzoning' has been pissing me off lately. I have always hated the idea that girls owe themselves to guys who are vaguely polite to them but actually hearing people say it and use it as an excuse for their crappy character while people feel sorry for them makes me want to scream. All the while girls are expected to take rejection personally, as a hint that they are flawed or insufficient in some way. Its a double standard used by arseholes whose egos won't allow them to think that maybe they aren't perfect. I know being turned down isn't pleasant, but that doesn't give you an excuse to blame the entire female population


Aaaand on a brighter note, I think I may have found the best tumblr ever the other day. I have spent hours recently trying to fuel my sudden obsession with brightly coloured flowers by pure magical chance I actually managed to find an entire blog dedicated not only to flowers but flowers with transparent backgrounds (hence the new blog header and the unexplained plant life interspersed in this post). I am still far too overjoyed about this. I may have to start using backgroundless plants to punctuate all my paragraphs.



12 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh! Your outfit is so fab and its MEADHAM KIRCHOFF! Thank goodness for school bathroons cause i hope to see more of your outfits. These flowers are too cute btw. Loving the new header too. ♥
    Styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am not at school at the moment but I have a whole queue of outfit posts which I need to get round to finishing haha x

      Delete
  2. Your outfit is SO perfect
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is absolutely perfect! And your school toilets look pretty great, our mirrors are just about big enough to see your whole face in, but nothing more! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, it is the only large mirror in the whole school and I have literally no idea why it exists. x

      Delete
  4. THAT DRESS. So gorgeous. Also amen about the friendzoning <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu both for the compliement and the agreement haha x

      Delete
  5. Meadham Kirchoff is the best!! Love your dress and leg warmers! I am so regretting I didn't buy anything from that collection now.
    http://dreaminginfashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh thank you! They are some of the best things I have bought x

      Delete
  6. i love ur dress!!!!

    http://babylonvhs.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete