Pages

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

***serenity***

This morning, on the way to school, the sun was just rising over the hills and it was everything was bright and fuzzy and dream-like outside, for once the bus was almost completely quiet, I had my head leant against the window and I was listening to this song

 
It was weird, because I can't remember the last time I felt peaceful like that. Nowadays I am in an almost constant state of agitation, whether I'm just stressed or sometimes motivated, I always feel bad for lying around and just being quiet and alone, because I feel like I'm wasting time and I should be doing or worrying about something. Even when I'm lying in bed I can't relax, because I start worrying about why I'm not asleep and why its so late and how bad I'm going to feel tomorrow. So it was nice to feel serene and kind of empty for once, even if it was for only five minutes. 

6 comments:

  1. I really hope your life calms down a bit so you can enjoy more relaxing moments. I'd never heard black beauty before, but it's a really beautiful song. It makes me think about how we perceive some things to be incredibly somber and sad but they can be quietly beautiful as well.

    kani//

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of her unreleased songs, so I don't think many people have, but it always makes me feel peaceful and sad but in a kind of nice way

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog today and I've really loved reading all your posts. I'm at the same stage as you schoolwise, and it's so good to have all the UCAS stuff out of the way! And this song is really great, so peaceful.

    Kate xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a nice feeling, although now we have the less-than-appealing prospect of exams looming haha. Yeah, I find that a lot of her songs have a kind of lovely soporific effect.

      Delete
  3. I can really relate to this because I feel SO guilty whenever I'm not doing anything "productive" even though it feels like I haven't really taken even five minutes of silence for myself in the longest time. Also, you're such a great writer!

    anexerciseofmyfaculties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems so unaaceptable to just be quiet for a minute, like theres always something I could or should be doing. Haha thank you!

      Delete