Pages

Saturday, 24 May 2014

schools out for ever and ever

at 2 o'clock on friday afternoon, I officially left school forever, which is kind of really momentous but also not.
 
It isn't momentous because I will have to go back to school for all my exams and then there's the leavers ball, so actually its not like I'll never see this place again.

But I've been at school for all my life. For pretty much as long as I can remember my life has been divided into holiday time and school time. I can't imagine not having to worry about wearing the right clothes, or going to assemblies, or trying to avoid pe, or spending hours on the bus everyday or just having to be at school 5 days a week. I won't be forced to be around people I don't like most days of the week but neither will I be in almost daily contact with the friends I have made here. its another gradual step towards being an adult which still hasn't sunk in properly yet. I don't know when it will really. maybe the ball when everyone will genuinely be seeing each other for the last time. or maybe next september, when my sister will be going back to school and I won't be. its weird to think that school will soon just be something I remember doing and look back on, instead of a huge and basic part of my life.

anyway it was a nice last day. it was sunny and we ran around dressed as pirates getting shouted at for moving the furniture outside and standing on the roof. the teachers were all exceptionally nice to us and hugged everyone. then we left, and me and my friend drove out for the last time, before we had to turn back because we realised we'd left the pirate flag in someone's office.
 
 
 
this was definitely the bit from spring breakers which struck me most when I watched it. it kind of reminded me of the last day of school. obviously we didn't run around shooting shoving guns in peoples faces but its that same mixture of kind of havoc, elation, sadness and surrealness which I think everyone feels on their last day of compulsory education.

10 comments:

  1. I will soon have that feeling too when I graduate, it's such a surreal feeling. We've been at school, doing schoolwork and all that for practically our whole lives. It hasn't sunk in yet for me haha

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I still haven't got used to it tbh either

      Delete
  2. So jealous that you're out!! I still have a month to go for this year PLUS ANOTHER YEAR AFTER THAT WHAT IS THIS. Spring breakers is an awesome film, too, love that you mentioned it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ughhh that sucks but be strong you will make it. yess I watched it the other day its so good

      Delete
  3. Awm congratulations! I just graduated about two weeks ago which is great. I'm just so happy it's all over. I'm sad for not being able to stay in touch physically with some friends and people anymore but for the most part, I'm relieved that I will never have to do any of the things that didn't make any sense anymore. However, I still have to do uni applications. I hope you're doing great as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is such a weirdly huge relief. Aah uni applications... Have fun with that!

      Delete
  4. I finished year 11 recently and although I will be going to sixth form (which I really do not want to go to) it was still sad as I will never be doing many subjects agin (maths, science .etc as I'm not taking them for a levels and even though I hate them I am sure that I will miss them!!) I also will not see the majority of my teachers or friends which is sad!!

    As much as I hate school, I know that I will miss it!!

    - Jess

    heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw why don't you want to go to sixth form? haha yeah it is weird the things you miss I miss chemistry class even though my teacher hated me!

      Delete